Saturday, 3 July 2010

Summer Flowers

 Lilies and roses - the old rose is out of focus in the foreground

It feels like an age since I last looked outside and noticed the flowers in the garden. I managed to catch the roses and lilies in the same picture, but didn’t have any success with keeping them both in focus.

I always warn the children to be careful near the lilies, as the pollen on the stamen will stain their clothes. It’s the same when they’re brought inside, and there are often lilies in bouquets. They’re beautiful, but have to be handled with care, even though they look completely harmless.

The rose is an old variety, and it has been here since the house was built, so will always be a favourite. The fragrance is entrancing, when there’s time to stop and smell the roses.

Roses and lilies - the lilies are in the background this time

No comments: