Sunday, 24 July 2011

Time

I have a vague recollection of the day that Elvis died. In the car on the way home from a family holiday and the news came on the radio. Nothing was said.

Yesterday, the phone rang. Then I was asked if I knew that Amy Winehouse was dead. At the tea table her name was mentioned - my little boy told us all that Elvis was not dead.

R.I.P.

Sun burst

God’s blessings to you all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So many from the music industry have died at 27 that the media is carrying stories about the 27 Club. I think the media should be more concerned on why they died so young and not the coincidence of them passing at the same age.

Beth said...

Hi Polly, good to see a post from you.

It is a shame that fame and fortune sends so many talented people down the wrong path.

GreatGranny said...

I vaguely recall Elvis' passing, but it' been a long time now. Love the cloud photo.